Choose PVC for DURABILITY
What is PVC?
- A flexible, thermoplastic membrane manufactured using UV-resistant polyvinyl chloride.
- Reinforced with a low-wicking polyester fabric.
- PVC is often reinforced material right out of the box. Reinforcement typically indicates a polyester scrim, mat, or fabric mesh that is inserted into the material, like rod iron is used to reinforce roads. While some manufacturer’s reinforcement may be better than others, it’s good to know that there is a little more structural integrity from the get-go with a PVC roofing membrane.
- PVC membranes are most often heat-welded at the seams because of the strength, durability, and stability of the material.
Johns Manville PVC Roofing Membrane
Durable Roofing Solutions recognizes the importance of a skilled installation process.
Using a quality product also plays a major role in the overall service delivered.
That is why Durable Roofing Solutions uses Johns Manville PVC Roofing membrane.
This cool roof rated product is among the top leaders in its industry.
Why PVC Roofing?
- PVC roofing membranes are an ideal long-term solution for roofs that demand high performance at a lower life cycle cost.
- Though the primary color of a PVC roofing membrane is white, it can come in a variety of colors and hues.
- Heat-welded at the seams creates a monolithic structure that is very durable and able to withstand the constant expansion and contraction of the building structure throughout the day, throughout its life. A properly heat-welded seam is a much better seam than a glued or taped seam.
- Excellent resistance to bacterial growth, animal fats, as well as plant roof penetrations.
- During manufacturing each PVC membrane roofing system is prefabricated and custom-designed to fit your roof dimensions. Such a methodology allows for all the benefits of larger sheet sizes as seen with EPDM, but with the added benefit of prefabricated curbs, walls, and penetrations. Your new roof is designed specifically for the size and constraints of real-world existing conditions.
- The membrane prefabrication process also eliminates up to 85% of all the field seams. Seams are the weakest link in any roofing system. By having about 85% of those seams already completed by the manufacturer in their quality-controlled environment, your roof is going to be significantly enhanced.